I love New Year’s Eve! Not only because it’s an excuse to party, but I love the feeling of a new year, new goals, and a total refresh on your life!
My husband and I usually get a babysitter and go out with couples on New Year’s Eve, but there have been a couple years where we have stayed home and hung out with the kids. We love doing that too! Especially after the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
I have rounded up some fabulous ideas for those of you that are partying with adults only or with the whole family!
NYE with Adults Only
- Throw a themed party! (i.e., Great Gatsby, James Bond, Black and White party, etc)
- Dinner and Cosmic Bowling. It’s so fun with the lights out, music playing, and everything glows!
- Set up a scavenger hunt around your town. Each place or thing you have to find, you and your significant other have to take a picture kissing in front of it!
- Start a tradition and eat at a special place every year! For the last few years we have gone to eat at Outback with our family couples. I love how it’s become a tradition and we know where we are going every year!
- Set couple goals together over dinner. Reflect on all your accomplishments you have achieved in the past year and make new goals for yourselves as a couple.
- If you throw a couples party, here are some fabulous games to play! (here, and here)
- Plan a progressive dinner with other couples. Drive to each of their houses (or restaurants) and have a different meal there. For example, house #1 (or restaurant) appetizers, house #2 main course, house #3 dessert, etc.
- Watch your local fireworks. Here in Vegas we have some of the best! I love going to Green Valley Ranch to watch or out by Votech High School.
- Go dancing! I’ve always wanted to do this with Jon. I think it sounds so fun!
- And last but definitely not least, make sure you KISS (and make it a good one!) at the stroke of midnight! You want to ring in the New Year on the most perfect note!
NYE with Kids
- Of course we need to play games to keep the kids entertained! I love the Minute to Win It games, NYE Bingo, NYE treasure hunt, etc.
- Start a tradition and create a New Years Time Capsule Questionnaire. I love this one from Pretty Providence.
- Decorate sugar cookies or cupcakes.
- Create a countdown balloon clock. The kids will love to pop each one on the hour until midnight. You can fill each balloon with different activities for them to do. I love this balloon clock.
- Get the pots and pans out for them to bang and make tons of noise with on the stroke of midnight. We always did this as kids and thought it was so fun.
- Have a dance party!
- Have a karaoke contest singing your favorite songs of the past year.
- Have each kid write their favorite memory from the year and put it in the time capsule.
- Buy glow sticks and play glow in the dark ring toss!
- Do anything that involves glitter! (paint nails, do makeup, DIY glitter slime, decorate party hats with glitter, DIY glitter play dough , etc.)
I hope these ideas help to ring in the New Year with a bang!
Happy New Year!