Well since we have stepped into this blogging world 4 months ago, I have yet to really introduce myself. Not that you have all been on pins and needles waiting to hear about what goes on inside little ole Ashton’s head, but sometimes it’s nice to know more about the “author” behind the blog. And I’m dying that I just used the word author to describe myself. Anywho, here are a few quirks, interests and thoughts that you may not know about me!
- I have a twin sister named Whitnee. She is blonde, blue eyed, beautiful, and 3 inches taller than me. We are obviously fraternal but some people think we look identical. Those people are usually old and half blind. We do have voices that are very similar. She is my best friend and we are very opposite. She is regimented, loves mornings, cautious, a homebody, hates shopping, remembers the little things, a great cook, thoughtful, organized, great speaker, brave, kind, modest (and by modest I mean the way she lives), great common sense, left handed, and content. I on the other hand am not regimented, too flexible, HATES mornings, loves shopping, forgets everything, hates cooking, a scaredy cat, and right handed. In my opinion, she’s the better half. And there is no way in you know what I could get through this life without her.
- I have a HUGE problem when people don’t sing the correct words to songs. Like it infuriates me and I HAVE to correct them. Even my own children. I will cut them off and then continue to sing the loudest with the correct words. It annoys my entire family.
- I hate having to repeat phone numbers or having to respell a word to someone if they ask how to spell it (i.e. husband and daughter) If they ask me to repeat it, I’ll say it super fast because I get annoyed (I’m so mature). Hence why I can’t help my daughter with letters and numbers. I’m a pretty patient person, but when it comes to “teaching” or “repeating,” I literally have no patience whatsoever. I have SO MANY MORE years of homework that I’m just going to have to take a xanax before the kids come home from school. Haha no not really. But maybe.
- My actual birth name was Ashley, not Ashton. I went by Ashley up until I went to Kindergarten. There were 5 other Ashley’s in my class so my mom decided it was time to change it. She gave me a list of 3 different names that were like Ashley. I remember one was Ashlyn and the other Ashton. I chose Ashton of course (great taste for a 5 year old might I add). I never ever remember being called Ashley. But it’s weird to listen to home videos and hear my family call me that. The more that I think about it, the weirder it was that my mom just up and changed it. Hilarious actually. But I’m so glad we did. No offense to you Ashley’s out there.
- I can be quite the ditz. It’s a good thing I had Whitnee by my side growing up, or I wouldn’t know which fast food window to order the condiments (I have so many ditzy stories it’s embarrassing). I will spare you the stories. I mean, you may think differently of me after hearing them. 😉
- I was born and raised in the good old city of Las Vegas. I moved away for 4 years of college (BYU-Idaho) and the first 4 years of married life (Salt Lake City) and I’m so glad to be back in the LV where we claim the sage brush as our state flower.
- I don’t like taking charge. If I have to I will, but I don’t necessarily like it. I don’t like planning parties, vacations, where to eat on a Saturday night, etc. Just tell me when and where and I’ll be there. Unless I’ve already taken my clothes and bra off and slipped into bed. Or if its after 8 PM. Then there’s not a chance I’ll be there.
- I ask my husband at least 10 times a day “What time is it?” or “What did they say?” while watching TV. He loves it so much. It’s one of his favorite things about me 😉
- I could eat a cheeseburger everyday. I order one at most restaurants I go to. There’s just something about a good old classic American cheeseburger that gets me excited. If you’re looking for the best cheeseburger in town just ask me. I got you.
- I like a bedtime snack every night around 9:30. To go along with the TV I’m watching and the ice cold diet coke that’s sitting perfectly on my nightstand. I usually prefer something really healthy like Oreo’s or Dorito’s. Or sometimes I’ll beg my husband to run and get cinnamon melts from McDonalds. Actually, the more that I think about it, I should really be an “author” for a health/fitness blog 😉
xoxo Ashton (formerly known as Ashley)