It’s that time of year where we start trying to budget our spending money because the holidays will be here before you know it! One very easy and efficient way to get your finances organized is to use a monthly bill payment checklist. I know a lot of people like to do everything on their phone, but I love to actually write down my checklists! I get a thrill when I can check them off! When you can see exactly how much you are spending a month in your fixed bills, it will be easier for you to budget your money in other areas.
The monthly bill payment checklist is a simple spreadsheet that can help you manage your account balances. I’m not a super organized person and I forget A LOT of stuff, so the checklist is a lifesaver. It will help you remember when everything will come out of your account and remind you when that next bill is due.
You can print off the free checklist by right clicking on it and saving it to your computer.
How to Use the Bill Payment Checklist
- Gather all your monthly bills or look at your bank statements.
- Write them down in order starting with the 1st of the month and work your way through the month.
- Write down which bill and the amount that is due.
- When each bill is paid, you can check off that month.
- Make sure to jot down any notes you may have in the notes section.
- You can also put down when your income comes into your account if that is helpful to you. It will let you see how much money should be in your account at the time each bill is due.
I love to keep my checklist in my day planner. I like using these 3 ring binder pocket dividers to keep it in and you can easily pull it out of the folder. You can also keep it pinned on a pin board in your office, in a file cabinet labeled “bills”, or even hung on your fridge. Wherever you would be most likely to see it!
So make sure to print it off and USE it so you can see when and where your dolla dolla billzzzz are going!
*SAVE $5000 in one year for a downpayment on your home, family vacation or new hard wood floors by sticking to this very easy weekly budget!
*Learn 9 quick and easy ways to save money by clicking HERE.
Looking for more ways to save for vacation? Try one of these:
- How to Bend Your Paycheck to Paycheck Lifestyle and Avoid Debt
- 5 Tips on How to Save Money and Make Household Finances Easy
- How To Save $5,000 For Your Next Family Vacation