Today we are sharing a free Thankful Tree Printable, this is one of our yearly Thanksgiving traditions. The older I get the more Thanksgiving is becoming my favorite holiday. I love the fact that it isn’t surrounded by anything else but food, family, and being grateful for all that we have. I have started a few traditions in my own little family over the past 13 years of being a mom surrounding Thanksgiving.
Thankful Tree Printable
One of my favorite traditions growing up that I have continued in my own home is a Thankful Tree. We blow up the printable below large, tape it onto our fridge or pantry door, print off lots of the leaves, and cut them out. Throughout the month we write what we are thankful for on a leaf and glue it to our tree. My kids love to get the tree all decorated by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. By the end of the month it is sometimes hard to not duplicate. This helps me think hard because I have so much to be grateful for in my life.
1. From November 1st until the last day of the month, we only say what we are thankful for in our prayers. We try not to ask for anything. WOW! What a change it will make in your life. All of a sudden you realize how much you ask for instead of thank Him for. Our prayers become more thoughtful and not so rushed and monotonous. Because the two traditions coincide it helps to remember things to thank in our prayers and vice versa.
2. On Thanksgiving Day, we like to go around the table and tell why we are thankful for the person sitting next to us. Family is everything and it is important to let them know why we are grateful for them.
3. Other traditions are turkey football, watch a Christmas movie on Thanksgiving night while eating leftovers, go to the movies or have the children act out the pilgrims and Indians story.
4. Also I know some people who give their children their Christmas pajamas on Thanksgiving night so they will have a full month to wear them.
5. FOOD is definitely a tradition of mine. I tend to want the exact same meal every Thanksgiving. These are tried and true recipes that every time someone new tries them they feel as though they have died and gone to heaven. Creamed Corn, Pumpkin Bread, Pomegranate salad, are a few of my very favorite Thanksgiving MUSTS! Try one of these and perhaps add it to your traditions as well.
I hope you enjoy the Thankful Tree Printable and please let me know in the comments your Thanksgiving traditions so I can add them to this list!